Welcome to the CUNY Center for Urban Environmental Reform.
CUER was founded on the belief that environmental justice is a critical aspect of social justice and that communities are entitled to participate fully and meaningfully in environmental decisions that affect them.
CUER is a focal point for every level of participation in urban environmental reform. From scholars and environmental experts to community groups and individuals with environmental conflicts in their neighborhood, CUER seeks to provide the information, data, training, scholarly research, and–in some cases–even human resources needed to ensure a level playing field.
CUER will expand participation in public decision-making and to increase transparency and overall access to information in order to enhance both the legitimacy of environmental decision-making processes and the fairness of decisions reached.
We encourage you to explore CUER’s resources:
- CUER Online Magazine–headlines and stories about CUER’s recent work
- CUER Events–CUER presents workshops, conferences, seminars and other events at the newly-opened, LEED gold certified CUNY Law School building, located at 2 Court Square, Long Island City, NY 11101
- Donate to CUER — help us by making a tax-deductible contribution.
- CUER Education–educational materials, including CUER’s comic book
- CUER Blog–a blog chockful of scholarly articles, blog posts, videos, and more
CUER welcomes your questions, comments, and information about your community’s environmental needs. Feel free to contact us.